These days, a common practice around the world is writing blogs. Blogging has become very famous these days. People make blogs of their photographs, stories and many other creative angles of life. But, people have been getting into spamming of the blogs a lot, because of which, Google has introduced a number of norms and has started penalising people if the website is found to be a spam. These mistakes come under SEO who needs to keep a track that such spams are not made and these mistakes only spoil a website, further.
- SPAMMY BACKLINKS – Links copied from other sites should have relevant and credible sources. Opensiteexplorer.com helps in giving an insight to your sight and also gives a credibility score of a particular link.
- Poor User Interface – User interface is an extremely important factor. A poor user interface can lead google to point out on your website as spammy, or as a website that doesn’t contain valuable and credible content. This can be solely fixed by using your own judgement and branding should be consistent.
- DUPLICATE Content: There are some cases where people just want to copy content from the credible sites and put on their own sites. Google penalises greatly for this practice and this spoils the website’s ranking as well. Screaming Frog, is one such tool, which can be used for auditing you website. This helps you in detecting if there are any duplicates within your site. This is very prominent mainly in e-commerce sites. This problem can be fixed by setting a canonical, adding a robots .txt file or by redirecting.
- Too many outbound links: You have to be very aware of this, if your website is linking with any external website, then your website can be penalised for this, as well, by Google. To check this, you should make sure that all the sites you are linking to are credible and are related to the key content of your site and also review your primary goals and motives as well. This problem can be fixed easily by removing the links of the sites you think are not credible or by using the “Fetch as Google” tool.
- Slow load time: Google has started focussing a lot on load time since recently. If it takes a long time for your site to open, it can have a major effect on the ranking of your website. Google has offered a chrome extension called “PageSpeed” that produces a score out of 100 on your website’s running time and also tells you how well you worked on your website.
- Wrong keywords- Some people act too smart by entering wrong keywords just to improve the ranking of the website. Google penalises the website owners on this as well where the owners just enter keywords which are not even matching with the information that site provides. This practice not only calls penalisation of the website but also there will be no viewers of the site.
- Poor website Design: Few people are too lazy to create original content and just copy content from the other sites which leads to spamming. Google and other search engines can detect the copied websites which have disastrous effects on website’s ranking as well.
Via – Star Infranet